Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Assignment 1f- Improvements

After presenting my work in class last week, I had been given some opinions on my artwork from Mr. Badrolhisham (our lecturer) and also the need to add more research on colours and expression (feelings) that I need to potray in my work. He said, "There are always ways to improve our work whether you want it or not."

Previously, I did the extra research on the colour green which is my chosen colour in my artwork. A more towards nature colour theme.This time I am going to tell more on my expression when doing improvements to my artwork.

When we talk about expression, most people think is about the "face" expression. For example, we do a sad face or even a happy face. That is called facial expression. 

Facial expressions.

However, in this artwork that we are producing, we have to expression our "emotional expression" either directly or indirectly.
Expression is also a way to communicate with people. There are many ways in expression oneself to a certain group or society. It is either through words, writings, musics and many more. Everyone has different expressions on a certain incident. It depends on the background of that person which leads the incident to an understanding to himself or herself. For example, a guy and a girl. When both are given a dog, the girl maybe will be happy because she like dogs and have one at home. However, in the guy's case, he maybe will run away because he had bad experience with dogs like being chased or even being bitten.


Girl hugging a dog.
A guy being chased by a dog.

Therefore, the expression I wanted to represent in my artwork is "awareness" in people towards pollution. Awareness is to take notice of something. We as a citizen in a society should prioritize our awareness to pollution and take action towards it. Everyone can make the world a better place to live in if only we take part in it. 

Sources:
All images are taken from Google Images.

No comments:

Post a Comment